Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nebraska twice

Nebraska again
pastel on Uart 800 paper 6.5"x9"





Nebraska 1st painting
pastel on Canson paper 10"x19"



I thought it might be fun to post the first pastel that I ever did. I had a cheap little box of Mungyo pastels ($6 at Hobby Lobby?).
I decided to try painting the same scene again. Funny thing is, I'm not really sure which one I like better.
I'm also not 100% sure that this was in Nebraska. If it is, it's northwest Nebraska, close to Wyoming or Montana. We covered lots of states on that road trip. It's beautiful out there.

3 comments:

  1. They are both really nice. I think the colors of the paper and pastels make the bottom one look a little more dramatic. The top one looks more realistic...a beautiful sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laura, it's not which one to like better, it's to like both of them for different reasons. I like the subtle clouds in the more recent one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They each have their own distinctive personalities, and yet they definitely have a feel that they're of similar terrain.

    ReplyDelete