Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Albert Handell workshop in Oregon

Grant's Pass Water Dept.
pastel on Wallis paper 12"x18"

I just spent a week in Grant's Pass Oregon, visiting my sister and taking part in a pastel workshop with Albert Handell. It was a wonderful experience in every way. I'm still jotting down little things I learned as they come to mind- not so much technique as how to see and compose a beautiful painting.
This is one of the paintings that I did during the workshop. I was particularly happy with this one because one of the things I was hoping to work on was how to handle all the green that surrounds us in the summertime. You can only avoid it for so long...

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the workshop and time with your sis. This painting is beautiful (I know...I say it all the time, but I mean it).The water is really good, it looks real. I like the details and variety of colors in the trees and bushes. And I like the detail of the shadow on the building. Very nice. I'm impressed that you worked on something so big too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is lovely. Happy to have found you through Jala.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, Your paintings done in the last few weeks are fantastic. I like your taking up the challenge of green.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura, Bob and r.
    I'm travelling a lot these days, but hope to be back to painting and posting soon.
    Thank you for your kind comments and for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete