Friday, January 30, 2009

february and what it's done already

Sierra and Sage
pastel on paper (3.5x4")


I dread February unless I'm going to escape to someplace warm and sunny, which I'm not this year. This shortest of months always feels like the longest.

So, i set a goal for 2 purposes-
to get through the February greyness.
to improve my painting.

The intent or goal is to paint daily. It may be a quick 15 minute painting, or more. Hopefully this will help me to loosen up in my painting and to get over the difficulty with starting new works.
I don't intend to be too hard on myself if I don't paint every single day.

This is the first warm-up painting. A 15 minute painting of someplace warm and sunny- the High Sierra in eastern California.

3 comments:

  1. Best wishes with your great new blog, Jean. I lost my previous comment to a slow loading verification - my bad, not yours.

    I love your blog name and banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Casey. I appreciate your stopping by and leaving a comment. I've really enjoyed your blog and feel I have so much to learn from you and other artists who so generously share their work and their expertise.
    I'm looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just stumbled upon your website here and I have to say I LOVE YOUR ART! You're so talented, and expressive! I love your colors and ideas! And I love the picture of your pastels! I'd love to see more. As an artist I'm interested in seeing how other Artists are set up! And I just recently discovered pastels and am truly IN LOVE with them! What kind of pastels do you use? PS would you mind if I tried to do one of your pastel paintings here at home? It will be purely for practice!Let me know :) Thanks!

    My email ( mammamoozoo@hotmail.com )

    Thanks for sharing your art!
    Take Care!
    Denise :)

    ReplyDelete