Monday, February 2, 2009

Daily Painting #1


February Wetlands
pastel on paper 8.5"x11.5"

February 1st turned out to be a beautiful sunny day so my husband and I hiked to one of our favorite spots, the bluffs overlooking the Missouri River bottoms, a wetlands area.
I forgot to take my camera, which was good because it forced me to finish this on site. After getting home I decided that I may need to rework that crazy sky.
The bottom picture is the original version, the top picture has the reworked sky. What do you think? Although I often wish I could hit the "undo changes" button with pastel, this time I'm glad I did it. Anyway it's too late because the old version is literally dust in the wind.

1 comment:

  1. lol dont' I always wish I could just "Delete" what I did.. hee hee that's funny! Specially when I go overboard on something and wish I could just undo.

    These are great paintings! Love how you redid the sky, but even the original is a masterpiece in itself!

    Thanks for all your hard work and talent!

    ReplyDelete